The International Workshop on SAFE-RH (Sensing, ArtiFicial Intelligence and Edge Networking towards Rural Health Monitoring) was held at Capital University of Science and Technology (CUST), Islamabad on April 22, 2021. The workshop was held under the SAFE-Rural Health project which is co-funded by Erasmus + programme of European Union. In all, five universities are involved in the project:
- Capital University of Science and Technology, Islamabad
- COMSATS University Islamabad, Wah Campus
- Islamia University of Bahawalpur
- University of West of Scotland, Scotland
- University of Lorraine, France
There were around 13 presenters and 40 participants in the workshop. The focus of the workshop was to discuss the issues related to monitoring of elderly people, maternal and infants. The presenters were from the medical and IT domains. The outcome of the workshop was a set of requirements and challenges to establish a SAFE-Rural Health monitoring system.