Placement Office Holds a Series of Sessions for Emerging Geeks
Placement office has organized a series of trainings with students of last semester Spring – 2021 on three different topics including Resume writing, Job Hunting and Interview Skills. In total thirty-Nine (39) training sessions have been conducted with the following departments.
- Department of Management & Social Sciences
- Department of Bioinformatics & Biosciences
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science
The trainings were held in regular classes of different subjects to make sure the participation of all the students. The main objective of these trainings was to prepare students for their professional careers and to equip them with skills required to succeed in corporate world. Transition from campus to corporate and the right approach was discussed in detail during the trainings on resume writing.
The training sessions on resume writing covered the following areas in details
- What is a Resume and why you need it?
- Resume Formats
- Major Sections of Resume
- Some of the attributes of a Winning Resume
Job Hunting is the next stage to resume write up. Interactive discussions took place during the training on job hunt. Techniques of an effective job hunt and procedures were discussed in detail
Our third topic in the series of this training was Interview Skills. The core of an interview and different types of interviews were discussed in detail. The training was focused on interview etiquettes and significant details of pre, and post interviews.
The outline of this training encompassed the following:
- How to ace an Interview?
- Communicate a clear and strong personal brand
- Identify measurable accomplishments
- Types of interviews
- What to prepare before an interview?
- What to do during an interview?
- Follow up after an interview