The FYPs Funding Certificate Distribution Ceremony was held on Thursday, 27th Feb 2020 in Workshop Room, B-Block at 2 P.M. The event was organized by Office of Research, Innovation and commercialization to instigate the students for their innovative project ideas and explicit business plans. Prof. Dr. Arshad Hassan, Dean FMSS was chief guest at the occasion. The following faculty members/project supervisors were present at the event.
- Prof. Aamer Iqbal Bhatti, Dean Research & Innovation
- Dr. Mueen Aizaz Zafar, HoD MS Department
- Dr. Muhammad Mahabat Khan, HoD ME Department
- Dr. Muhammad Ashraf, Professor EE Department
- Dr. Salman Sagheer Warsi, Professor ME Department
- Dr. Muhammad Shahid Iqbal, Assistant Professor CS Department
The event started with the recitation of few Verses from Holy Quran. The chief guest and faculty members were briefed about the particular competition and the evaluation procedure adopted. Subsequently Dean FMSS was invited for certificate distribution among the students as per following merit standing.
|Design and Fabrication of Shoe Testing Rig
|Dr. Salman Sagheer Warsi
|Home Automation using Rasbery pi
|Dr. Muhammad Shahid Iqbal
|Thermal Heat Storage Unit
|Dr. Muhammad Mahabat Khan
|Solar PID Reversal Unit
|Dr. Muhammad Ashraf
|Dr. Ansir Ali Rajput
|Smart Living Solar Solutions
|Dr. Sajid Bashir
After the certificate distribution, Dean FMSS delivered a brief talk. He inspired the students about their endurance and highlighted the importance of business plans in present age of commercialization. He appreciated the efforts of students and highlighted the significance of entrepreneurship and marketing the product in the present age of commercialization.
Following the ceremonial, an interactive session of ORIC was held with Dean FMSS and award winning supervisors. The following points were deliberated in detail:
- Customer Outreach Strategies for selling Products
- Business Plan Competition
- Business Case/Innovative Products Showcase
- Presentations of award winning students in Business/Management Oriented Courses Classes
The faculty members wished that such type of awards and funding should be conducted on a continual basis. They also agreed on interdepartmental collaborations and joint projects for better progression of students and faculty.